Error message "Remote resource cannot be reached" (RDP)
Your BOC product is hosted by BOC, and as soon as you try to open the Administration Toolkit (ATK), the following error message appears: "The remote resource cannot be reached. Check your connection or ask the network administrator for help."
Make sure that your network access complies with the NTLMv2 security standard. To check this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Local Security Policy editor by typing secpol.msc in the search bar of your taskbar.
- Navigate to the Local Security Policy editor.
- In the left-hand column Security Settings, navigate to Local Policies and open the Security Options.
- Scroll down in the right pane until you see the Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level policy.
- Double-click this policy to open the properties window.
- In the properties window (dropdown menu), make sure that Send NTLMv2 response only or Send NTLMv2 response only / Refuse LM is selected.
If neither of these options is selected, then NTLMv2 may not be enabled on your system. In this case, contact your IT team and have them evaluate an adaptation.